What you need:
- Succulent plants - enough to fill your pot
- Plastic window screening, paper towel, a coffee filter or a piece of newspaper
- Cactus or succulent potting soil (or you can make your own by mixing potting soil with vermiculite, perlite or pumice)
- Container with good drainage
- Stones, gravel, sea glass or marbles for top dressing
- Bright Sunlight
When choosing a container for succulent plants, make sure not to use one that is too big. Succulents have a shallow root system and prefer shallow pots.