The Bottom Line
- Cool Colors
- Four sizes each for men and women
- Several different styles
- Finding the right size is hard
- Five styles of gloves to choose from: Classic, Landscape, Waterproof, Work and Rose gloves
- Sized differently for men and women
- Lots of wonderful colors to choose from
- Washer, dryer and hose safe
- Padded palms and finger tips
- Made from 100% high-tech synthetic materials
- Depending on style, cost ranges from $19.95 for the work gloves to $34.95 for the rose gloves
- Available at some nurseries or online from West County
- Size chart available online
Guide Review - Garden Gloves
I'm not usually a big fan of gardening gloves. Most of the time I would rather just use my hands. My nails are ridiculous already and most of the time I love getting my hands dirty. However, when I saw West County garden gloves, I immediately wanted some. The colors alone make you want a pair, and when you put them on, you can tell you are wearing a quality product.
I was not surprised to read that, Beverly Schor, who started the company was a competitive bicyclist. West County gardening gloves feel more like a sports glove than a traditional gardening glove. The palms are slightly padded, like a bike glove, which I love. There are so many times when I have been wearing the gardening gloves and have been thankful for that little bit of padding.
Another great thing about these gloves is that they are highly breathable, again, like a sports glove. The stretchy mesh really works to keep air flowing to your hands on a hot summer day digging in your container gardens.
The gloves are also environmentally friendly because the mesh fabric is made from recycled plastic bottles. Each pair of West County garden gloves keeps an 8 oz water bottle from going into a landfill.
West County Gloves come in several styles. I particularly like the Landscape and the Work Gloves. They have a shorter wrist than the Classic style. All the gloves have Velcro at the wrists for a snug fit, which keeps dirt out of the gloves.
This is a great looking and really well made product. I highly recommend these garden gloves for anyone who wants to protect their hands while container gardening, or doing any work outside for that matter. Mine are so comfortable, I may even wear them kayakking.